Breathtaking...absolutely breathtaking.
That was the only adequate adjective that came to my overwhelmed mind as I flew over English air space. Tears literally came to my eyes as the clouds broke and I was able to see the rolling pasture land and clusters of cities dotting the countryside. I thought, Why me? Why do I get to experience something like this, something that three years ago I could never have imagined I would be doing? I have the priviledge of spending the next nine months of my life studying Literature at one of the oldest universities in the world...I am counting my blessings every step of the way. I hope this video blog will share with viewers the adventure/ journey/ Alice's rabbit hole which I am about to fall into! I'll do my best to update with weekly videos, and perhaps write and post pictures more often than that. Please leave comments, as I'd love to keep in touch with everyone in any way possible! Know that I miss you already.
Each week, I'll try to include a link to a song that expresses exactly how I'm feeling. This week, it's Paolo Nutini's "These Streets." While this song has a melancholy feel to it, the lyrics are really about mixed feelings when moving to an unfamiliar place to make a new life for one's self. The song is actually about London, but I think it suits Oxford just as well, especially the "high street madness."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDGB2gu6Ank
Now, for the video part of this video blog... In this episode, you'll see the breathtaking vistas I was able to gaze upon from the plane, as well as a little of the planning process it took to get me on that plane.
Sweet video, Danielle! :)
ReplyDeleteI love the video Danielle! It so good to know that you are there safe and sound! :) I know that you are going to have a great time in Oxford. Have some tea and clotted cream for me! :)
ReplyDeleteBwhahahaha! "This video brought to you by...bureaucracy." Love it!
ReplyDeleteWow! Your year aboard begins. Thanks for giving us these glimpses into your life there. We look forward to seeing how the Lord will bless you. We will be praying for you (and your parents too) :-)
ReplyDeleteDonna & Mick K.
Yay for you! So happy to know you got there safe and sound. And great vid! Looking forward to seeing more. I know you're going to have such an awesome time. Can't wait to hear more of your stories; I'm sure there will be many! ;)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the video Dani. WOW! Oxford already is becoming such a muse. I can't wait to see what's next.
ReplyDelete-Brookie :)
If you haven't found a church yet, may I recommend St. Ebbes! It is just round the corner from the West Gate Shopping Centre, to the left of the front entrance, past the balloon vendors, and right onto Penny Farthing Lane. They have a wonderful student service at 11:30 a.m. on Sundays, and they are very active in the community. You'll be sure to make good friends there, and I find the theology very sound.
ReplyDeleteP.S. Now that my "message brought to you by the Evangelical Anglicans" is over, I forgot to say how wonderful your video is and how excited I am to hear more from you. What video editing do you use?
ReplyDeleteDanielle, that video was amazing! I hope you have a great time (as I know you will). I can't wait to see your next video :)
ReplyDelete. . . as the clouds broke [in the video] and I was able to see the rolling pasture land and clusters of cities dotting the countryside. I thought, Why Danielle? All she's going to do is enrich her mind and life with culture and junk while I could be there taking full advantage of England's beers and football. Hah hah, seriously - much fun to you and your three partners in crime.
ReplyDeletePS. I'm Steven Roach
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI know this is super late but I've been so swamped I just checked out your video: WOW! I LOVE IT DANIELLE! Please give us the next installment soon - hopefully you've gotten more awesome footage of freshers week and your new "official digs"!
ReplyDeleteWishing you well! Maggie